The NEW Tempest Filter is an innovative polishing system for ponds.
The Tempest Filter uses Evolution aqua' s latest filtration media, K+ Media, to deliver crystal clear, healthy water.
Designed to be used in conjunction with any filtration system, the Tempest Filter offers additional mechanical and biological filtration. The Tempest Filter can be installed on a variety of set-ups and can be used on quarantine systems or as a standalone filter on smaller ponds up to 5,000 Litres / 1,100 Gallons.
- Easy to install
- Simple to clean
- Uses 7 litres of K+ Media
- Class leading Surface area
- Stable Bio-film production
The Filter can be used in multiple different installations.
- Gravity-fed system
- Pressurised system
- Skimmer line
- Modular tempest
- Prefilled with 7litres of K+ Media
- Waste assembly, which simply screws onto the bottom of the filter
- Two slide valves and connection pipes, which must be fitted using solvent weld adhesives to the inlet and outlet
- Two pipe clips to help mount the filter
- Wall fixings not provided
Overview of features
- Use as a polisher to deliver crystal clear, healthy water
- Designed to be used in conjunction with any filtration system
- Can also be used as a standalone filter on smaller ponds up to 5000 litres / 1100 Gallons
- Quick and easy to clean
- Uses K+ Media as mechanical and biological filtration media
- Traps partial down to one micron
- Evolution Aqua filter media independently tested (IFTS and Cranfield University)
- Easy to install
- Low Maintenance
- 2 year Guarantee
INLET: 1½” (UK / USA) / 50mm (EU)
OUTLET: 1½” (UK / USA) / 50mm (EU)
DRAIN SIZE: 1” (UK / USA) / 32mm (EU)
MAXIMUM FLOW RATE : 7,500 LPH / 1,650 GPH / 1,980 US GPH
OPTIMUM FLOW RATE: 5,000 LPH / 1,100 GPH / 1,320 US GPH
K+MEDIA SUPPLIED: 7 Litres
DIMENSIONS (Excluding Slide Valves): 1055mm x 250mm x 205mm
WATER VOLUME IN FILTER: 27 Litres / 5.9 Gallons / 7.1 US Gallons
How It Works
Water is pumped up through the tempest filter. the K+ Media moves to the top of the filter, becoming a mechanical barrier that traps debris as it flows though the system. Waste is trapped in the K+ Media until the cleaning cycle dislodges it and gets flushed away.
Easy to clean
With the pump turned off, slide the valves closed, and with the waste valve open, air is drawn into the filter. As air and water mix inside the filter tube, the media starts to move chaotically, dislodging any trapped waste. the dirty water will then exit the filter tube at the bottom via the waster pipe, leaving the clean media.